Friday, 15th January 2016
I refer to my previous emails and wish to advise you of further developments following the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) issuing revised proposals last Monday, 11th January 2016.
In relation to this I now wish to confirm the following:
1. We have now posted out, to every member on our ED membership database, the following documents:
If any of your colleague members, working in your Emergency Department, does not receive this direct mailshot please direct them to our membership department so that we can revise their details and ensure we have correct addresses etc.
2. A national meeting of Representatives, from every Emergency Department, including the members of the National ED Representative Committee, will take place on next Tuesday, 19th January 2016, at 11.30 a.m. in INMO Head Office.
3. Meetings have already commenced, between the INMO (including our ED representatives) and Hospital Group CEOs, and their Senior Group level teams. This is to ensure implementation of all measures necessary to assist in managing the current situation and monitor implementation of the proposals now brought forward by the WRC.
4. The Special Delivery Unit, as required under the proposals, has now commenced the Hospital reviews, at the request of the ED Taskforce Joint Chairs (Tony O’Brien, HSE and myself, INMO) to examine how hospitals operated the Escalation Policy in recent days.
5. Information meetings, in individual Emergency Departments, are also beginning and will continue, after the national meeting on Tuesday, 19th January 2016, and then balloting will commence, with times and dates arranged locally, thereafter.
A further update will issue, following the national meeting of ED Representatives on next Tuesday so please watch out for further bulletins.
Thank you for your attention to this note.